Dent Removal Tools Bondo 30156 1 Pack Complete Dent Repair Kit, PN30156Star: 4.5 author : 2148648
Tag: Dent Removal Tools
Style3M 432 Fiberglass Resin Jelly Quart Can - 2 lbs 8 oz.Bondo 1 Pack Bumper Repair Kit 30155Bondo 20126 Fiberglass Resin Liquid HardenerBondo 280 Epoxy Bumper Repair Syringe Kit - 0.34 fl. oz.Bondo 30156 1 Pack Complete Dent Repair Kit PN30156Bondo 31567 Bumper Repair KitBondo 431 Fiberglass Resin Jelly Kit - Pint Can
Please select the attribute you wantX
JMgist Air Wedge Pump Kit PDR Red Wedge Inflatable Shim Professional Leveling and Alignment Tool for Home Use and Auto Repair JMgist Air Wedge Pump Kit PDR Red Wedge Inflatable Shim Professional Leveling and Alignment Tool for Home Use and Auto Repair,Dent Removal Tools,Body Repair Tools,Tools & Equipment,Automotive
The Dent Repair Kit contains the ideal amount of product to repair and restore multiple small dents on your car. With all the products together in one kit, the Dent Repair Kit makes it easy to get a dent fixed and get onto painting. The kit contains Filler an Hardener, innovative 3M Sandpaper, Glazing and Spot Putty, Primer, and Tack Cloth. With this kit, first you prepare the area by sanding with 3M 80 Grit down to bare metal. Second, you mix and apply Lightweight Body filler. Third, after the filler cures, you can start sanding by using 180 Grit. Fourth, you can apply Glazing and Spot putty to fill pinholes and provide a smooth finish. Fifth, you finish sand with 3M 3 Grit sandpaper. After this you can wipe off the area with the Tack Cloth, apply Grey Filler Primer and be on your way to painting.
A dent on your car can cost a small fortune to repair, but with the new Dent Repair Kit by 3M, everything you need to correct small dents yourself while saving hundreds of dollars is included in one convenient, easy-to-use kit.
The Dent Repair Kit comes complete with everything auto DIYers need to repair small to medium sized dents on their own vehicles. From beginners to experienced automotive enthusiasts, anyone can repair dents and dings by following the simple steps below.
For beginners, 3M recommends choosing a smaller dent to practice on and gain experience with first. Larger dents require a little more experience, so before you get started, determine the type of damage you?re comfortable repairing.
1. Start by washing the spot you?re going to repair and then wipe it down with a VOC-compliant Adhesive Remover to get rid of any wax or other build up. Then mask the area around the dent to control your sanding area.
2. For best results, the Body Filler should be applied to bare metal, so you need to remove the paint and any rust first. To do this use the 80 grit sandpaper included in the kit. The circumference of the stripped area should extend two to three inches beyond the dent, providing the Body Filler something to stick to. After sanding, wipe the area clean to remove any sanding dust and contamination.
3. Now it?s time to prepare your Lightweight Body Filler on a non-absorbent surface. Knead the included tube of cream hardener to prepare it for use. Use a three-inch circle of filler approximately a half-inch thick and then add a strip of hardener across the diameter of the filler. If your repair requires more filler, you can always mix more. Quickly and firmly fold the hardener into the filler until it?s all the same color. Don?t stir it in a circular motion as that adds air bubbles that appear as pinholes in your repair.
4. Apply thin layers of the mixed filler back to back until it?s slightly higher than the surface surrounding the dent. Using too much filler at once will likely cause pinholes so be sure to apply in thin even layers. Let the filler cure for minutes.
5. Once the filler is cured, sand it smooth starting with 80 grit sandpaper. Refine the scratches with 180 grit sandpaper ? this step is called featheredging because it blends the repair smoothly into the body. If there are pinholes or imperfections in the repair after sanding, you can use Glazing and Spot Putty to create a perfectly smooth surface.
6. Finish sanding with 180 grit and then 3 grit sandpaper. Now, the repair is ready for priming and painting.
There?s nothing worse than unsightly dents and dings on your vehicle and with the Dent Repair Kit, you know have a convenient all-inclusive way to repair damage yourself while saving money in the process. Now you can work like a pro and fix small mishaps in the comfort of your own garage.
Bondo 30156 1 Pack Complete Dent Repair Kit, PN30156,Dent Removal Tools,Body Repair Tools,Tools & Equipment,Automotive
Bondo 30156 1 Pack Complete Dent Repair Kit, PN30156
JMgist Air Wedge Pump Kit PDR Red Wedge Inflatable Shim Professional Leveling and Alignment Tool for Home Use and Auto Repair WHDZ 2Pcs Air Wedge Pump Set Inflatable Shim Leveling and Alignment Kit for Home Universal Use and PDR Repair Tool Fly5D Car Dent Remover Auto Body DIY Paintless Dent Repair Tool Set Newest Dent Puller for Small Hail dent